Famous Quotes

Our findings have global implications and advance what we know about the sustainability benefits of organic farming practices.
We also show you can have high quality, healthy produce without resorting to an arsenal of pesticides.
- John Reganold, lead researcher, Washington State University see Sept 02 What's Happening Around US over in the Thursday File Social Network

 


There is no defeat except from within, no insurmountable barrier except our own inherent weakness of purpose.
- Elbert Hubbard


--
Your first encounter of the day has a more direct bearing on your attitude for that day than your next five encounters.
- Zig Ziglar

 


--
An optimist is the human personification of spring.
- Susan J. Bissonette

 


--

You have your standard work life that pays your rent; then you have your other work life that pays your heart.
- Rachel Flotard, singer-songwriter-guitarist, of Seattle punk-pop combo Visqueen; Local 638 Records her own record label

 


--
First I learned that one picture is worth a thousand words, and that when the establishment gets mad, they always go after the cartoonist, not the editorial writer!
Second, I learned that it takes a big man to laugh at himself and that, tragically, many of the members of the establishment are not very big men.
Third, I learned that I could draw cartoons better than any other kid at St. Augustine's, and that people got excited about my drawings.
Last, I learned there was deep inside me an urge to say what I thought about life and the establishment to any and all who would look at my drawings. There's too much to be concerned about, and I am a concerned citizen.
- Paul Conrad see
Memories

 

--
I feel we are all islands - in a common sea.
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

 


--
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less... Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
- John Donne - 1624 - Meditation XVII
 

--
The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
- Niels Bohr
 

--
Don't fight forces, use them.
- Buckminster Fuller

No comments:

HOME (*Revenire-Pagina la Zi)

MENU

EDITORIAL