Famous Quotes

*Selectati

The most effective kind of education is that a child should play
amongst lovely things.
                               -- Plato
 

* Curajul

He who loses wealth loses much; 

he who loses a friend loses more; 

but he that loses his courage loses all.
                                   -- Miguel de Cervantes
 
 
Quotes
1
It's so sad and shocking. I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones.
I send my deepest sympathy to his mother and the whole family and to his countless fans all around the world.
                                                     
       - Paul McCartney on the passing of Michael Jackson
 

 
2
I am being approached from all directions to do an opera. I really do love opera. I just don't like the audiences you get for it.
                                                        -- Terry Gilliam, filmmaker 

 

3
I got married so young, quite frankly, to escape my parents. Little did I know my parents were trying to escape from me.
                                      -- Barry Humphries, creator of Dame Edna Everage
 
 
 
 
4
Procrastination usually results in sorrowful regret.  Today's duties put off until tomorrow give us a double burden to bear; the best way is to do them in their proper time.
                                                         -- Ida Scott Taylor

 
5
If you expect nothing, you're  apt to be surprised. You'll get it.
                                                         -- Malcolm Forbes

 
6
It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morninng after the committee of sleep has worked on it.
                                                        -- John Steinbeck

 
7
The best we can do is size up the chances, calculate the risks involved, estimate our ability
to deal with them, and then make our plans with confidence.
                                                        -- Henry Ford

 
8
I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day.
                                                     -- Abraham Lincoln

 
9
He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.
                                                    -- Louisa May Alcott

 
10
Treat your friends as you do your picture, and place them in their best light.
                                                -- Jennie Jerome Churchill
 
11 Do you know who said this in what TV show?
"I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich.
What is your favorite movie or TV quote?

 
12
Conviction is worthless unless it is converted into conduct.
                                                   -- Thomas Carlyle
 
13
No rose without a thorn.
                                                  -- French proverb
 
 
14
Three workmen are standing at the edge of a busy construction site, taking a break from their heavy, dusty labor. A passer-by asks the first of the workmen, "What are you doing"? With sweat dripping from his brow, he barely looks up before grunting, "I'm busting rocks". When the passer-by asks the second workman the same question, he shrugs, "I'm earning a living". Walking a little further, the passer-by encounters the third member of the work crew and asks the same question, "What are you doing?" The third workman turns, smiles broadly and says,"I'm building a cathedral".
                                                     -- Peter Schutz

 
 
15
"It is the duty of the composer to serve his fellow man, to beautify human life and point the way to a radiant future. Such is the immutable code of the artist as I see it."
                                                     -- Sergei Prokofiev

No comments:

HOME (*Revenire-Pagina la Zi)

MENU

EDITORIAL